Baku, Azerbaijan, July 31
By Emil Ismayilov - Trend:
"Azersu" JSC (national water operator of Azerbaijan) has announced a tender for a number of lots for the reconstruction of sewerage and water supply system for the city of Terter, according to the report of the tender commission.
The report noted that the tender for the work which will be carried out within the framework of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) for the reconstruction of relevant communications in six districts of Azerbaijan includes 11 lots:
On water supply systems:
1. Construction of water receving facility - nine new artesian wells.
2. Laying of main water supply line with length of 3.6 kilometers.
3. Construction of water reservoir.
4. Construction of water chlorination facility.
5. Laying of water supply network with length of 109.8 kilometers.
6. Reconstruction of asphalt and dirt roads.
7. Connecting housing to the water supply network, including the installation of 2,959 water meters.
On sanitation system:
1. Construction of sewerage network with the length of 103.76 kilometers.
2. Connecting 3,944 residential facilites to the network.
3. Installation of 2,672 manholes.
4. Laying of sewer collector with length of 8.14 kilometers.
Tender participation cost is AZN 300, or $ 400. The bids with the bank guarantee in the amount of $ 2.2 million are accepted in the commission until October 8, 2014.
More information is available on the following contacts:
Contact person: Head of Department of Tender Organisation and Management, Ilgar Tagiyev.
Address: Baku, Moscow Ave., 67
Telephones: +99412 431 4792; +99412 431 4792;
Fax: +99412 598 3814;
E-mail: [email protected]
Islamic Development Bank approved the allocation of $ 200 million to Azerbaijan to improve water and sanitation systems in six districts of Azerbaijan in September 2011. The total cost of the project in accordance with the feasibility study is $270 million, which provided for the restoration of water and sanitation systems in Astara, Dashkesen TerTer, Gedabay, Samukh and Gazakh.
Azerbaijan has been a member of the Islamic Development Bank since 1992.
Edited by CN