Terror attack in Ankara kills 20 high-ranking servicemen – Erdogan (UPDATE)
Details added (first version posted on 14:33)
Baku, Azerbaijan, Feb.18,
By Rufiz Hafizoglu - Trend:
The terrorist attack committed in Ankara on Feb.17 has killed 20 high-ranking servicemen and eight civilians, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said.
He added that 14 people, suspected of being involved in this terrorist attack were detained in Turkey on Feb.18, TRT Haber reported.
It was revealed that prior to committing the explosion, the terrorist had connections both inside and outside Turkey, according to the president.
A terror attack was carried out in Ankara Feb. 17 near the buildings of the Turkish parliament, the general staff and a military dorm in the city.
Commenting on the explosion Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus said the explosion killed 28 and injured 61. Reports suggest that a car bomb was detonated.
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has said that the Syrian wing of the terrorist organization Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) - Syrian Kurdish Peoples Protection Units (YPG) stands behind the terrorist attack in Ankara.
Earlier on Feb.17, Turkey's National Intelligence Organization (MIT) has warned the country of the possibility of new terrorist attacks.
Follow the author on Twitter: @rhafizoglu