Tashkent, Uzbekistan, Mar. 24
By Demir Azizov- Trend:
The volume of money transfers between Uzbekistan and Russia by individuals dropped 13.3 percent in 2014 compared to 2013 and stood at $6.239 billion, according to the data from Russia's Central Bank reported March 24.
The volume of money transfers from Russia to Uzbekistan amounted to $5.581 billion in 2014, compared to $6.633 billion in 2013 (a decrease by 15.9 percent). This is while $658 million was transferred from Uzbekistan to Russia in 2014 which is 16.9 percent more than in 2013.
The sum of one transaction from Russia to Uzbekistan dropped from $593 in 2013 to $563 in 2014, while from Uzbekistan to Russia - from $1,901 to $1,876, respectively.
The volume of money transfers between Uzbekistan and Russia decreased by 37.2 percent in the Q4 of 2014, compared to the same period of 2013, and stood at $1.177 billion.
This is while $989 million was transferred from Russia to Uzbekistan in October-December 2014 (a decrease by 42.6 percent compared to the same period of 2013), from Uzbekistan to Russia - $188 million (an increase by 24.5 percent).
The volume of money transfers between Uzbekistan and Russia increased by 18.3 percent and stood at $7.196 billion in 2013. The money transfers from Russia to Uzbekistan increased by 17 percent and totaled $6.633 billion, from Uzbekistan to Russia - increased by 35.3 percent and stood at $563 million.
The data of Russia's Central Bank covers such systems as Anelik, BLIZKO, Coinstar Money Transfer, Contact, InterExpress, Migom, MoneyGram, PrivatMoney, UNIStream, Western Union and others.
Edited by CN