Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Feb. 5
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Feb. 5, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has announced a new scheme on the commercial vehicle scrappage in order to deal with the air pollution.
2. 12:06 GMT – Iranian National Standards Organization (INSO) has said that the country will ban the production and import of sub-standard cars in the next fiscal year (starts March 20).
3. 12:07 GMT – The National Iranian Gas Company (NIGC) has announced that 98 percent of the cities and 76 percent of the villages in the country have been provided with natural gas.
4. 12:08 GMT – Iranian Energy Minister Reza Ardakanian has called for involving private sector in the country’s power and water sectors.
5. 12:10 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 58,746 rials in the free market. Official rate of the USD was 36,948 rials and it was traded at 46,867 rials in the free market.
6. 12:10 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 15,205,000 rials (about $324.4 according to the currency rate in the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,485,000 rials (about $31.6).
7. 12:11 GMT – Main index of the Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE) reached 98,033 points.
8. 12:12 GMT – Report on the prices of Iranian-made cars.
9. 12:13 GMT – Report on the activity of French multinational retailer, Carrefour, and its financial crisis.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]