Norway would not be "threatened" by last week's attacks, which claimed at least 76 lives, and remained committed to its open society, Prime Minister
Jens Stoltenberg said Wednesday, dpa reported.
The premier underlined that it was too early to discuss future security measures, tougher legislation or if authorities had responded fast enough after Friday's attacks.
That would be part of a coming review, he told a news conference, observing that police were still investigating the attacks.
Anders Behring Breivik, 32, was remanded in custody on Monday on suspicion of the attacks.
"In a democratic and open society, we shall be very clear on our acceptance of different views - also those views we don't like, also those views we define extreme - but we should never accept violence," Stoltenberg said.
The Labour Party leader's approval ratings have soared over his handling and response to the attacks, described as the worst violence to affect the country since World War II.
A poll published by daily VG said 82 per cent agreed with Stoltenberg's stance that openness and democracy were the right response to the terrorism attacks.