Azerbaijan, Baku, March 12 / Trend /
On 10-12 April 2012, a forum dedicated to presentation and discussion of the New Oil and Gas Processing and Petrochemical Complex (OGPC) Project will be held at the Hilton Hotel in Baku. The event is initiated by the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) and organized by Iteca Caspian and INBC Consulting. Media support for the event will be provided by Trend international news agency, along with Day.az and Milli.az news portals.
The Forum aims to provide information on the Project to a wide range of companies, including potential licensors, engineering, supply, construction and other contractors, process consultants, world's leading refining and petrochemical equipment manufacturers, as well as financial institutions, legal experts, environmental consultants, buyers of petroleum and petrochemical products, service companies, etc.
Alongside providing information on the Project, the Forum offers a unique chance for leading international companies to present, at a high-official level, their experience, technology, resources and innovative solutions in the refining, gas processing and petrochemical sectors.
Participating in and addressing the Forum to be opened by SOCAR President Rovnag Abdullayev will be senior government officials, SOCAR Vice Presidents and representatives of scientific community in the oil, gas and petrochemical sectors. Furthermore, the Forum format sets forth sessions with presentations by managers of leading global companies who will introduce unique industry technology along with their experience and knowledge related to similar projects. Bilateral meetings have been scheduled for the closing day.
The report envisages the following:
• Executive Director of the State Oil Fund of Azerbaijan Republic Shahmar Movsumov;
• President of "BP Azerbaijan" Rashid Javanshir;
• Vice-president of SOCAR on Strategic Development Tofig Gahramanov;
• Vice-President of SOCAR processing Dawood Mamedov;
• Vice-president of SOCAR on economic issues Suleyman Gasimov;
• Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the production association "Azerkimya" Mukhtar Babayev;
• the head of Research and Design Institute of Oil and Gas SOCAR F.Ismaylova;
• Executive Director of SOCAR Energy Turkey Kenan Yavuz,;
• Executive Director of Foster Wheeler İtaliana Marco Moresko;
• President and CEO of UOP Rajiv Gautam;
• CEO of Technip İtaly Marco Villas;
• Director of Commercial Affairs of Axens, Jean-Claude Plumel;
• Vice-president of licensing company Shell Global Solutions Suleiman Ozmen
• Manager of Marketing at Air Products, Philip Morris
• Director of Business Development of broad sectors of the company Air Liquide Christine Jerome;
• Vice President of Business Development in Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia, the company ThyssenKrupp Uhde GmbH Beate Becker;
• Senior Director of Business Development in the energy and chemical industries company FLUOR Alan Evans;
• General Manager STAR Rafineri AS Robert Storey
• General Manager of the company Petkim Hayati Ozturk;
• Senior Consultant SOCAR, the former CEO and president Carlos Cabrera, UOP;
• Vice-president of management company licensing Stamicarbon Stephen Zwart
• Vice President of Environmental Affairs at SGS Nicolas Kundt;
• Partner of Baker & McKenzie Calvin Walker;
• Managing Director, Deputy Director of the Department of Energy projects, Societe Generale, Olivier Musset;
• Partner, Head of project finance and infrastructure for the CIS with Ernst & Young Alexander Erofeev
• general manager of UniCredit Bank, Stephanie Goodson;
• Director of Advisory Services IHS John Page;
• managing partner of law firm OMNI Jeyhun Bayramov;
• Deputy Chairman of the Board of AZENCO Zaur Mammadov and others.
Interested parties can participate in the Forum as a sponsor, speaker or representative, with an exhibition stand, or by placing an advert in the Forum's catalogue.
Thus, the Forum will be an excellent opportunity to obtain reliable and detailed information on the OGPC Project and get familiarized with experience of the key market players.
The Forum has already generated tremendous interest worldwide. Among the companies to have confirmed their participation in the Forum to date are Air Liquide, Air Products, Allen & Overy, Amec, Andrade Gutierrez, Alvigo, Axens, Azenco, Azerboru, Azeri M-İ Drilling, Azfen Tekfen Alliance, Baker & McKenzie, Baker Botts, Bamag, Bechtel, Bentley Systems, Cetco, CCIC, Daelim, Daewoo corporation, Deloitte & Touche, Dewey & LeBoeuf, Dow Chemical, DuPont, Ekol Engineering, Ernst & Young, Fluor, Foster Wheeler, Golder Associates, GS E&C, Hoerbiger, Hyundai E & C, IHS, Intra Tool, Itochu Corporation, JGC Corporation, John Crane, KBR, Lanxess, Linde, Lummus Technology, MARSH, Marubeni Corporation, Mayekawa, Mitsubishi Corporation, Modcon Systems, Nexans, Nobel Oil, OMNI, Oppenheim & Co., Petkim Petrokimya, RBG, RMA Kehl, SABIC, Saipem, Samsung Engineering, SGS, Shaw Energy & Chemicals, Shell Global Solutions, SK E&C, SNC-Lavalin, SOCAR Turkey, Societe Generale, Stamicarbon, Technip, Tecnicas Reunidas, Tecnimont, Tekfen, ThyssenKrupp Uhde, TOYO Engineering Corporation, UniCredit Bank, Unis, Univation, UOP, Wartsila, Yamata Yatirim, Yokogawa Electric and others.
The event is directly supported by SOCAR, which is also performing as the general sponsor. Also sponsoring the event are Foster Wheeler, UOP, Baker & McKenzie, Stamicarbon, and other companies.
Installation of a refinery and gas processing plant with an annual capacity of 10 MTA and 10 BCMA, respectively, is planned under the OGPC Project that also features a petrochemical plant to produce around 2 MTA of base polymers, and utilities & offsites facilities, including an autonomous power plant. Overall, the new Complex will comprise around 30 units and cover 20+ process licences.
The Complex will be located 60km away from Baku, and is expected to become fully operational by 2020.
The total cost of the project is currently estimated at around USD15bn. According to preliminary calculations, the project will be commercially attractive, with the payout time of around 6-7 years.
Do you have any feedback? Contact our journalist at email@example.com