Where Uzbekistan ranks in Global Firepower Index 2019?
BAKU, Azerbaijan, Jan. 23
By Ilkin Seyfaddini – Trend:
Uzbekistan ranked 48rd of 137 countries (power index: 0.7365) in the Global Firepower rating in 2019, Trend reports referring to the ranking’s website.
In 2018 Uzbekistan was ranked 39th, in 2017 – 30th.
When compiling the Global Firepower ranking, such factors as manpower, airpower, land strength, naval strength, logistics, financials were taken into consideration.
Highlights of the report for Uzbekistan:
- 15,912,566 people worth of available manpower;
- 13,366,555 people who are "fit-for-service";
- Total military personnel is estimated at 50,000
- Uzbekistan ranks 52st of 137 for total available "total aircraft strength" (179);
- Uzbekistan ranks 31st of 137 for total available "fighters" (69);
- Uzbekistan ranks 29st of 137 for total available "attacks" (89);
- Uzbekistan ranks 48rd of 137 countries in "total helicopter strength", and 22th of 137 for total attack helicopters (25);
An important place is given to the size of external debt, foreign exchange reserves of a country and its purchasing power.
The top three positions in the ranking belong to the US, Russia and China.