Iran's trade turnover in last 10 months disclosed

Business Materials 27 January 2020 13:53 (UTC +04:00)
Iran's trade turnover in last 10 months disclosed

BAKU, Azerbaijan, Jan. 27

By Elnur Baghishov - Trend:

Iran's trade turnover reached $72 billion in the first 10 months (from March 21, 2019 to Jan. 20, 2020) of the current Iranian year, Director General of the Iranian Customs Administration and Iranian Deputy Minister of Economic Affairs and Finance Mehdi Mirashrafi said at a press conference, Trend reports via Mehr News Agency.

During the reported period, Iran exported 115 million tons of goods worth $35.5 billion, Mirashrafi said, adding that the exports increased by 20.76 percent, compared to the same period of the preceding Iranian year.

The deputy minister noted that in monetary terms, most of Iran's exports fell to the share of China with $8.3 billion. China is followed by Iraq ($8 billion), Turkey ($4.1 billion), the UAE ($3.7 billion) and Afghanistan ($1.9 billion), he added.

The share of Iran's petrochemical sector in the exports was 44 percent with $15.8 billion, while the other products accounted for the remaining 56 percent with $19 billion, Mirashrafi said.

Iran imported 28 million tons of goods worth $36 billion in the reported 10-month period, the deputy minister noted.

Mirashrafi underlined that 19 million tons of the imports were essential goods.

According to the deputy minister, the goods were mainly imported from China, the UAE, Turkey, India and Germany.