Azerbaijan, Baku, Nov. 25 /Trend A.Badalova/
The consortium of Nabucco project remains confident that the pipeline is the best solution for the Southern gas Corridor, the spokesman of Nabucco Gas Pipeline International GmbH, Christian Dolezal told Trend on Friday.
"The project's shareholders remain confident that Nabucco is best solution for the Southern Corridor and offers the best export route for gas from Azerbaijan and other sources," Dolezal said.
Nabucco gas pipeline project is designed to transport gas from the Caspian region and Middle East to the European countries.
Gas, which will be produced during the second stage of Azerbaijani Shah Deniz gas condensate field development, is regarded as the main source for Nabucco project.
Dolezal said the Nabucco Consortium had a meeting with the Shah Deniz consortium in Vienna on 24 November.
"This follow up meeting within the context of the proposal Nabucco submitted on Oct. 1, 2011 and it was constructive," Dolezal said.
However, details of the meeting are confidential, he said.
On Oct. 1, Nabucco along with the other pipeline projects (TAP, ITGI) submitted their final proposals to the Azerbaijani side, which review them in accordance with previously announced criteria.
The partners of Azerbaijani Shah Deniz field development project will make a decision on a preferable transportation route in the nearest future.
Azerbaijan plans to deliver 10 billion cubic meters of gas per year to Europe under Shah Deniz-2 project.
Nabucco project is planned to start construction in 2013 and the first supplies will be commissioned in 2017. The total length of the pipeline is 3,900 kilometres with a maximum capacity of 31 billion cubic metres per year. The project's partners include the Austrian OMV, Hungarian MOL, Bulgarian Bulgargaz, Romanian Transgaz, Turkish Botas and the German RWE.