Iran's IRINN TV economic news 11:00 GMT; Sept. 20 (summary)
Baku, Azerbaijan, Sept. 20
By Khalid Kazimov – Trend:
The following is a numbered list of Iranian news channel (IRINN TV) on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 11:00 GMT, Sept. 19.
1. 11:03 GMT – Governor of Central Bank of Iran (CBI) Valiollah Seif has said that the country forecasts to lure in $65 billion in loan from foreign countries over the next fiscal year starting March 20.
2. 11:04 GMT – Acting head of Energy Ministry, Sattar Mahmoudi, has said that the volume of precipitation over the current crop year (starting Sep.21) has dropped by five percent. He added that the country is repairing its power plants due to the high level of power consumption in summer. (The interview also includes details on the volume of water kept in the country’s dams).
3. 11:06 GMT – Report on Iranian parents purchasing stationery ahead of the new academic year. The report also called on Iranians to buy home made products. (report includes interviews with parents and sellers).
4- 11:08 GMT - Report on the prices of gold in Iranian market. Per gold coin was traded at 12,474,000 rials (about $320 according to the currency rate on free market) on Wednesday. Per gram of the 18-karat gold priced at 1,219,000 rials (about $31.2)
5. 11:08 GMT - Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Per euro valued 46,546 rials in the free market gaining 95 rials compared to the preceding day. The US dollar dropped 17 rials to stand at 38,955 rials.
6. 11:08 GMT - Report on the daily performance of the Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE). The main index of the TSE added 0.57 percent to reach 85831.8.
8. 11:09 GMT – Iran, Azerbaijan joint venture for producing cars is expected to come on stream over the current year. (The report includes interviews with Iranian and Azerbaijan officials. The video shows the construction of the site).
9. 11:12 GMT – Report on planting pistachios in the eastern province of Sistan and Balouchestan. (the report includes interviews with provincial officials and farmers).
Source: The state-owned news channel (IRINN), Tehran, in Persian language
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected].