Azerbaijan creates ground satellite control center

Azerbaijan, Baku, July 18/ Trend /

The Azerbaijani Communications and IT Ministry has carried out preparatory work for the construction of a ground control center for the first telecommunication satellite Azerspace, the ministry's report reads.

The Cabinet of Ministers allocated an area of 10 hectares for Azerkosmos to create the center.

A loan agreement to finance the construction of the satellite is expected to be signed by late July.

The cost of manufacturing the Azerspace satellite is $120 million, 85 percent of which will be provided to the Azerbaijani side in the form of a US Ex-Im loan, and the remaining 15 percent will be paid by state funds.

US Ex-Im will allocate the loan to Azerbaijan based on funds borrowed from BNP Paribas. As expected, the deal will be financed by US Ex-Im with a two-year period for the use of funds and a ten-year repayment period.

Moreover, a loan agreement worth $ 80 million will be signed by late September to launch a satellite into the orbit.

The negotiations on the loan from the French export credit agency COFASE have been already begun with French banks Sosiete Generale and SMBC.

The cost of launching the Azerspace satellite is $94 million, 85 percent of which will be provided to the Azerbaijani side in the form of a loan, and the remaining 15 percent will be paid by state funds.

The deal will be financed with a two-year period for the use of funds and a ten-year repayment period. At present, negotiations are underway on the interest rate on the loan.

Azerspace's manufacturer is Orbital Sciences Corporation. An orbital position for Azerspace has been leased from the Malaysian MEASAT satellite operator. The French Arianspace has started to manufacture the Ariane 5 ECA rocket carrier, which will launch the first Azerbaijani telecommunications satellite into orbit.
It will be launched into orbit in late 2012.

Israeli missile hits test target 400 kilometers away
Israeli missile hits test target 400 kilometers away
Israeli defence chief says he's preparing for consequences of West Bank annexations
Israeli defence chief says he's preparing for consequences of West Bank annexations
Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa mosque reopens after more than two months
Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa mosque reopens after more than two months
Loading Bars
Latest
Number of COVID-19 cases up in Kazakhstan
S. Korea reports 49 more cases of new coronavirus, total now at 11,590
NYPD: Officers fatally shoot man pointing gun at them
Chinese mainland reports no new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases
Brazil’s coronavirus death toll exceeds 30,000
3 killed when helicopter hits power line in California
U.S. senator wants defense bill to ban use of military against peaceful protests
At least 11 people die, hundreds injured in US protests
Number of COVID-2019 cases across globe up by over 113,000 in past day - WHO
61 more coronavirus patients die in Moscow in past day
Turkey, Russia to start joint work to develop COVID-19 vaccine
Italy's death toll from coronavirus climbs to 33,530
Israeli missile hits test target 400 kilometers away
Spain reports no new COVID-19 deaths for 2nd consecutive day
Minnesota files civil rights charge vs police in Floyd death
Britain, EU clash over financial market access: diplomats
Paris police fire tear gas at protest of racial injustice
1 killed, 3 wounded in explosion in Kabul
UK COVID-19 deaths hit 39,369 as another 324 patients die
NYC extends curfew all week; mayor says no to National Guard
U.S. sanctions four shipping firms for transporting Venezuelan oil
Saudi Arabia reports 1,869 new COVID-19 cases, tally near 90,000
Turkey's COVID-19 cases top 165,000 as new infections drop for 5th straight day
Azerbaijan discloses number of coronavirus tests
Azerbaijan presents facts on Armenia’s crimes to UN Security Council
Serbia’s coronavirus cases reach 11,454
Azerbaijan’s Lankaran cannery talks about plans for 2020
Azerbaijani company talks production of disinfection equipment for escalators
Georgian airports preparing to receive visitors
Returning of deposits in liquidated banks starts in Azerbaijan
MFA: Armenia must put end to policy of annexation and withdraw occupying forces from Azerbaijani territories
Six Azerbaijani insurers reduced collection of premiums from Jan. through Apr. 2020
Revenues from international visits down in Georgia
Sales through Azerbaijan's Azexport website increase
15 insurers increased collection of premiums in Azerbaijan from Jan. through Apr. 2020
New fruit storage company begins operating in Georgia
Georgia talks country's public debt management policy
LUKOIL's Kazakhstan-based plant makes first oils shipments to China
Turkey talks completion date for pier construction in Istanbul
Azerbaijani Rabitabank's financial indicators many-fold exceed CBA's minimum requirements
Turkmenistan, other participants of ECT Modernization Group to ensure energy transit
Kazakhstan to start reconstruction of runways in two more airports
Azerbaijan reports 273 new COVID-19 cases
Turkey's export of fruits to France slightly up
Azerbaijan's Central Bank holds foreign exchange auction
TOP-3 non-oil export products of Azerbaijan
Georgia signs loan agreement with Asian Development Bank
Mastercard for Azerbaijan, Turkey working on creating cashless environment
Construction of first GTL plant of Uzbekistan nearing completion
Sumgait Technologies Park ships first batches of aluminum profiles to Kazakhstan
Turkey-Kazakhstan trade turnover declines
Azerbaijan’s Agricultural Insurance Fund upgrading service quality
Union of Economists of Turkmenistan creates digital technology department
CISCO conducting consultations on participation in big innovative projects in Azerbaijan (Interview)
Renewable electricity proves to cheapest as improving technologies leads to price drop
Kulevi oil terminal: Anticorrosion works completed at several facilities
Azerbaijani minister: Financially, some state-owned companies aren't stable
Iran's President urges companies involved in Justice Shares sale to ensure transparency
COVID-19-led digitalization to change how businesses operate and consumers live
PM Modi Holds Highest 'Approval Rating' Among World Leaders Handling the Pandemic: Report
Turkey-China trade turnover downgrades
Azerbaijan’s PASHA Sigorta company offers free consultations of psychologist, pediatrician
Georgia installs solar panels in over 80 villages
Work on commissioning of Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway line in Georgia continues
Turkmenistan talks laying power transmission line alongside TAP pipeline
Tender to build schools, kindergartens opens in Turkmenistan's Balkan region
Turkmenistan's Turkmengas opens tender fortesting of lab equipment
Turkish ministry allows industrial company to participate in BOTAS tenders
Finance minister: Negative effects of quarantine on Azerbaijan's economy were inevitable
China approves $20 billion mega petchem complex in Shandong oil hub
FAO, WFP to jointly support Kyrgyz rural families to combat COVID-19
Volume of ethanol handled via Turkish ports from Jan. through Apr. 2020 disclosed
Turkey's export to EU from Jan. through Apr. 2020 shrinks
EBRD eyeing optimizing debt maturity profile of Kazakhstan's Eastcomtrans
Uzbek enterprise starts construction of modern residential complex
Azerbaijani finance minister: No problems with fulfillment of state budget for 2020
Uzbekistan to sell state share in major chemical enterprise
Uzbek-Korean JV opens tender for procurement of panoramic mirrors
Iran's Plan & Budget Organization talks unemployment rate in country
China's Wuhan finds no new COVID cases, 300 asymptomatics in tests
Azerbaijan discloses data on oil, gas sectors trade turnover
Azerbaijan imposes new rules for visitors of malls
Georgia taking measures to support winemaking sector
Azerbaijan sees growth in fruit, vegetable exports
Azerbaijan starts exporting persimmon to UAE
Iran has sufficient foreign currency reserves - CBI
Trade turnover between Turkey, Uzbekistan plunges by over half in April 2020
Turkey reveals volume of fuel oil handled via local ports from Jan. through Apr. 2020
Azerbaijan discloses info on 'Single Window' exports
EBRD to support distribution network enlargement of Kazakhstan's beverage producer
Volume of problem loans shrinks in Azerbaijan
Sales volumes stabilize in Azerbaijani foreign exchange market
Russia's Penoplex to increase thermal insulation polymers production in Uzbekistan
Turkmenistan to increase capacity of its energy sector
ADB supporting business restructuring of Kazakhstan’s largest power generation company
Azerbaijani Parliament adopts amendment on fines for not wearing masks
Kazakhstan’s Aktau seaport to buy welding equipment spare parts via tender
Kazakh-Turkish JV opens tender to buy spare parts for pumps
Turkmen officials talk progress of agricultural work in country
Iran reveals its COVID-19 data for June 2
All news