3 killed in N. Afghan bomb attack
At least three civilians were killed while 10 others wounded after a roadside bombing struck a security force's convoy in Kunduz city, capital of northern Afghanistan's Kunduz province on Sunday, Xinhua reported.
"Three killed civilians and 10 injured have been admitted to Kunduz hospitals following the explosion," a provincial medical source told Xinhua anonymously.
Among the injured were three security force members, the source noted.
The explosion occurred at around 07:15 a.m. (local time) when the convoy was passing a main road in Spinzar locality, a witness said, adding that "one military vehicle was destroyed while several civilian cars and building were damaged by the blast."
The province, bordering Tajikistan, has been the scene of heavy fighting earlier this year as security forces have repelled militants, who tried to take control of several districts near the provincial capital Kunduz city, 250 km north of Afghan capital.
More than 970 civilians were killed and nearly 1,960 others wounded in conflicts and Taliban-led insurgency in the first four months of 2015, according to figures released by the UN mission in the country.