BAKU, Azerbaijan, Nov. 24
By Zeyni Jafarov – Trend:
The volume of foreign trade turnover of sugar and confectionery products of Azerbaijan amounted to $137.03 million from January through October 2020, which is 20.3 percent or $ 34.8 million less than in the same period of the previous year, Trend reports with reference to the statistical bulletin of the Azerbaijani State Customs Committee.
The export of sugar and confectionery from January through October 2020 amounted to $17.2 million, which is by 30.8 percent or $7.7 million less on an annualized basis. The share of these products in the total export of Azerbaijan decreased from 0.15 percent to 0.14 percent.
A decrease of $27.2 million (18.5 percent) is observed in import operations of sugar and confectionery products for the year. So, the volume amounted to 119.8 million manat ($70.5 million). The share of these products in total import of Azerbaijan amounted to 1.37 percent compared to 1.28 percent last year.
In general, Azerbaijan's foreign trade turnover amounted to more than $21 billion from January through October 2020, which is 25.7 percent less than in the same period of 2019. More than $12.2 billion or 58.25 percent of that volume accounted for export and the remaining $8.8 billion or 41.75 percent for import.