Number of Greeks visiting Turkey up
Baku, Azerbaijan, May 6
By Rufiz Hafizoglu - Trend:
In March 2019, the number of Greek tourists visiting Turkey increased 2.3 times compared to March 2018, Trend reports referring to Turkey's Culture and Tourism Ministry.
According to the Ministry, in March 2019, 73,900 tourists from Greece visited Turkey, which is 133.5 percent more compared to the same month of 2018. The share of Greek citizens in the total number of foreigners who visited Turkey during this period was 3.31 percent.
In the 1Q2019, 168,400 tourists from Greece visited Turkey, which is 35.82 percent more compared to the 1Q2018.
As reported earlier, in March 2019, 2.232 million tourists visited Turkey, which is 4.33 percent more compared to March 2018.
In the 1Q2019, 5,442 million tourists visited Turkey, which is 6.12 percent more compared to the same period of 2018. In this period, Turkey’s tourism revenues amounted to $4.6 billion, having increased by 4.6 percent compared to the 1Q2018, Turkish Statistical Institute (TUIK) reports.
According to the TUIK, 80.3 percent of Turkey's total income received in the tourism sector in the 1Q2019 accounted for foreign tourists. The remaining 19.7 percent accounted for Turkish citizens living abroad.
Follow the author on Twitter: @rhafizoglu