( AFP ) - Pakistani police have released sketches of two men believed to be suicide bombers who attacked former premier Benazir Bhutto's homecoming procession last week, officials said Friday.
A five-million-rupee (84,000-dollar) reward has also been offered for anyone with information leading to the identification of the group behind the October 18 attacks in the southern city of Karachi, which killed 139 people.
"We have released sketches of two suspects who could be the suicide bombers," Karachi police chief Azhar Farooqi told AFP.
The sketches were taken from two severed heads found at the scene of the blasts and thought to be those of the bombers.
One was largely intact but the other was badly damaged, forcing forensic experts to reconstruct it before the drawings could be done.
Farooqi said police were investigating several people but declined to reveal any details on progress in the probe.
Bhutto, who narrowly escaped the blasts, repeated her request Thursday to the government to allow foreign experts to help investigate the attack, the worst in the nation's history.
Bhutto also said she was dissatisfied with the probe so far and was not confident local police would find the masterminds, including those who financed the attack.
She has claimed that Islamic militants have infiltrated both the security forces and the government itself.
The government of President Pervez Musharraf has rejected the call for outside help with the investigation, saying local officers were capable of finding the culprits.
The blast tore through a crowd of hundreds of thousands of Bhutto's supporters who had gathered on Karachi's streets to welcome her home after eight years in self-imposed exile.
Bhutto has vowed to stay in Pakistan despite the carnage and ongoing fears for her safety to lead her party to general elections scheduled for January.