Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Jan. 16
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Jan. 16, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – Monetary and Banking Research Institute of Iran is studying the possibility of using cryptocurrencies in the country as per the Central Bank’s request.
2. 12:06 GMT –Iran water and water sewage company has received the Energy Globe Awards for improving the quality of water in Tehran.
3. 12:08 GMT – About 27,000 tons of pesticides is used in Iran per year.
4. 12:10 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 53,982 rials in the free market. The official rate of US dollar was 36,559 rials and it was traded at 43,882 rials in the free market.
5. 12:11 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 14,970,000 rials (about $341.1 according to the currency rate in free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,402,000 rials (about $31.9).
6- 12:11 GMT – The main index of Tehran Stock Exchange reached 98,597 points.
7. 12:12 GMT – Car importers can register their request for importing cars on the website of Iran's customs administration.
9. 12:12 GMT – Report on the prices of home-made cars in Iran.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]