Two US soldiers, Afghan civilian killed in separate blasts
Afghan and NATO said Wednesday that roadside bombings in southern Afghanistan killed two US soldiers and an Afghan child, DPA reported.
NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) confirmed two troop deaths from an attack Tuesday, without disclosing their nationalities.
But a US military spokesman in ISAF's Kabul headquarters said both were Americans.
Casualties are on the rise among NATO and US troops, which have more than 130,000 total forces in the country. June is the deadliest month of 2010, with 69 international soldiers killed so far.
One Afghan child was killed and another civilian was injured in a blast in the southern city of Kandahar, the Interior Ministry said.
Seven other civilians were injured on Tuesday in the main market of Gerishk district in Helmand province, the ministry said, adding that troops had detained three suspects.