BAKU, Azerbaijan, Mar.5
By Fidan Babayeva - Trend:
The turnover of the catering sector in Baku dropped by 72.4 percent in real terms in January 2021 compared to the same month of 2020 and amounted to 20.2 million manat ($11.8 million), Trend reports citing the Baku City Statistics Department.
According to the department, the catering turnover for legal entities decreased by 60 percent in annual circulation and stood at 16.3 million manat ($9.6 million).
In 2020, the public catering turnover in Baku declined by 59.4 percent in real terms compared to 2019 and made up 476.2 million manat ($280.1 million). Some 55.5 percent of the turnover of the public catering sector in the private sector fell to the share of legal entities, and the remaining 44.5 percent - to the share of individual entrepreneurs.
Besides, last year’s catering turnover for legal entities decreased by 45 percent compared to 2019 and equaled 266.9 million manat ($157 million).
(1 USD = 1.7 AZN on Mar.5)