BAKU, Azerbaijan, Jan.27
By Natavan Rzayeva - Trend:
Uzbekistan intends to increase its GDP up to $100 billion, as well as industrial production by 1.4 times in 2022, Trend reports via Uzbek media outlets.
In this regard, the President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev held a meeting with the heads of economic structures and municipalities of Uzbekistan.
During the meeting the president of Uzbekistan set a number of goals:
- to increase GDP up to $100 billion, industrial production by 1.4 times, and reduce poverty by at least 2 times;
- to keep the inflation rate at the level of 9 percent;
- ensure the guaranteed provision of loans in the amount of 10 trillion soums ($920.6 million) within the framework of family business programs
- not exceed the budget deficit by more than 3 percent of GDP;
- to increase the income of farmers by at least 2 times and achieve at least 5 percent annual growth in the agricultural sector.
- to attract $120 billion to the economy in the next five years, including $70 billion of foreign investment
- to increase exports to $30 billion.
Follow the author on Twitter: @NatavanRzayeva5