SOCAR fulfills oil refining plan by over 103%

Oil&Gas Materials 21 October 2021 13:20 (UTC +04:00)
SOCAR fulfills oil refining plan by over 103%

BAKU, Azerbaijan, Oct.21

By Leman Zeynalova – Trend:

Azerbaijan’s state oil company SOCAR fulfilled the oil refining plan by over 103 percent in 2020, Trend reports with reference to the company.

“As every year the employees of State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) oil refinery complex worked successfully for providing the demand of our country on oil derivatives and for implementing the commitments of the Company on exporting oil derivatives in 2020. 5874.9 thousand tons crude oil was processed at SOCAR refinery complex in 2019. Out of the crude oil refined in the reporting period, there derived 1166.8 thousand tons gasoline, 502.2 thousand tons jet kerosene, 2032.3 thousand tons diesel fuel, 187.2 thousand tons liquid gas, 374.7 thousand tons petroleum bitumen, 23.2 thousand tons of lubricants, 196.9 thousand tons coke and other products. The processing depth totaled to 94.3 percent as a result of actions taken in 2020,” said the company.

The company notes that 77 percent of overall petroleum derivatives produced within the year was exported to domestic market, the remaining 23 percent was exported abroad.

Design and regulation documents of each processing unit operated in oil refinery complex show data on loss norms generated during the process. Therefore, formation of the losses depends on the volume of the raw material processed in roughing-out units during forecast in plants. Staff of the oil refinery plants carried out systematic works in the direction of the minimizing the losses.


Follow the author on Twitter: @Lyaman_Zeyn