The man who has admitted to the twin attacks in Norway that claimed 77 lives last month has taken part in a crime scene reconstruction on the island where he carried out his shooting rampage, police said Sunday, dpa reported.
Anders Behring Breivik had on Saturday spent about eight hours on Utoya island, where 69 people attending a Labour Party youth camp were gunned down, police said, confirming a news report.
Breivik wore handcuffs, leg shackles and was tied with a rope when he revisited the island with investigators, the VG daily reported.
Heavily-armed police officers shielded Breivik from public view as he took part in a reconstruction of the July 22 rampage.
Attorney Geir Lippestad said his client had been able to remember many of the episodes.
Two police officers videotaped the reconstruction. The footage was likely to be used as evidence in Breivik's trial.
Six police boats were deployed around the island during the reconstruction and a police helicopter also flew over it.
The reconstruction took place as political parties launched their campaigns for next month's local and regional elections. The election campaign was postponed over the attacks and parties expected it to be low-key.
Earlier this week, police estimated they had conducted about 50 hours of interviews with Breivik.
Breivik was remanded in custody July 25. He has admitted to the car bomb in central Oslo that claimed eight lives and the subsequent shooting on Utoya.