BAKU, Azerbaijan, Oct. 18
The Azerbaijani Army launched a counter-offensive operation, later called the "Iron Fist", on September 27, 2020, in response to the large-scale provocation of the Armenian armed forces along the frontline, Trend reports.
The erupted 44-day Second Karabakh War ended with the liberation of Azerbaijan’s territories from nearly 30-year Armenian occupation.
Trend presents the chronicle of the 22th day of the Second Karabakh war:
- a publication about the Azerbaijani Armed Forces raising the Azerbaijani flag over the ancient Khudafarin bridge was posted on the official Twitter page of the President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev.
- First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva has made a post on her official Instagram page.
- Despite the announcement of a new humanitarian ceasefire, the Armenian armed forces once again grossly violated the agreement.
- The Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan has published a list of destroyed enemy equipment, announced the capture of an Armenian military unit.
- The Air Defense Units of Azerbaijan shot down another Su-25 attack aircraft of the Armenian Armed Forces.
- Armenian armed forces attempted to attack in Agdara, Fuzuli, Hadrut and Jabrayil directions.
- Azerbaijani soldier captured positions of Armenian special forces. Another tactical UAV of Armenia was destroyed.
- The Azerbaijani Defense Ministry announced the seizure of military equipment and ammunition of the Armenian Armed Forces.
- Azerbaijani flag was raised in center of liberated from occupation Fuzuli city.